Please join us in congratulating the following faculty, staff and students from the College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM) on their recent successes. We are proud of your hard work, dedication and professionalism in representing KCU so well on a national level.
AACOM National Academy of Osteopathic Medical Educators (NAOME) Fellows
Congratulations to Dr. Schoen Kruse who received a renewal to continue to be a NAOME Fellow for the 2021–2026 cycle and Dr. Jozi McGowan who became a NAOME Fellow for the 2021–2026 cycle.
Society of Osteopathic Medical Educators (SOME) Innovation Award
Congratulations to Dr. Dennis for receiving the SOME Innovation Award for Innovation in Basic Science Osteopathic Medical Education for her project "The HistoHustle: A Supplemental Histology Review to Enrich Student Learning."
AACOM Annual Conference – Educating Leaders 2021
Congratulations to the KCU faculty, staff and students listed below who represented KCU by giving a total of nine presentations at the AACOM annual conference this year. Please, click the title links below for more information and short description of each presentation.
- Innovations Through Asynchronous Virtual Reality Simulation: Galina Danilova, MBA, Schoen W. Kruse, PhD, Angela N. Pierce, PhD, and Robert Tyler, DO.
- Student Outcomes and Perceptions of a Unique Assessment Strategy for a “Soft Landing” Into Medical School: Monica Kinde, PhD, Schoen W. Kruse, PhD, Robert Rogers, PhD, and Asma Zaidi, PhD.
- Gamification of Case Based Learning: Remote Interactive Small Groups: Jozi McGowan, DO.
- Student Outcomes Related to Transitioning to Virtual Testing Platform for Preclinical Medial Students: Robert S Rogers, PhD, Monica N. Kinde, PhD, and Schoen W. Kruse.
- Analyzing Assessment of Medical Knowledge as an Integral Element to Overall Programmatic Evaluation: Angela N. Pierce, PhD, Galina Danilova, MBA, and Schoen W. Kruse, PhD.
- Capping Physiology: Application Practice In Medical Physiology During The SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic: Angela N. Pierce, PhD.
- Comparison of Campus-specific Evaluations at an Osteopathic Medical School with an Extension Campus: Monica Kinde, PhD, Galina Danilova, MBA, Schoen W. Kruse, PhD, and Robert Rogers, PhD.
- Leadership During Uncertainty: A Framework to Achieve Success During Challenging Times: Darrin D'Agostino, DO and Schoen W. Kruse, PhD.
- Comparing Early NRMP Trends Among DO and MD Candidates in the Single Accreditation GME Era: Brandon Bishop, MS, John R Dobson III, MD, Brian M. Kongs, BA, Joshua May, BS, and Sean Moore, BS, and others.