Doctor of Psychology Admission Requirements
The Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology (PsyD) program at KCU remains dedicated to training psychologists with an eye towards the future of health care. To achieve this goal, a holistic approach is taken when reviewing applicants.
Admission requirements for the Doctor of Psychology program are as follows:
II. GRE Test Score
Scores are accepted three years prior to entry, i.e., for Fall of 2024 entry scores need to be May 2021 or later
III. Bachelor’s Degree
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
IV. Eighteen prerequisite undergraduate coursework (completed with a grade of C or better).
· Introduction to General Psychology
· Human Growth & Development or Personality Theory
· Statistics or Tests and Measurements
· Additional coursework in the field of Psychology
All coursework must be completed no later than July 1 of the matriculation year.
V. Three letters of recommendation
Letters must be dated within two years of matriculation year (i.e., if starting classes at KCU in July 2024, letters must be dated no earlier than May 2022)
· Two letters must be from professionals in the Psychology field
· Additional letters from faculty members or colleagues who can speak to your potential for academic success in a doctoral Program.
VI. Optional Video Submission
Two-minute video providing an example of a situation or experience that you feel has prepared you for a career in Clinical Psychology.